Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You can take Professional photos right in your own backyard or by traveling to local areas not far from your own home. Many people think you have to travel to far reaches of the world to take great photos. I structured this blog showing several of my photos which were taking in my backyard and other that were less than 40 miles from our home. While taking photos at a Zoo or Aquarium use your backgrounds to your advantage and use a zoom lens for those close-up shots. With digital cameras you can take several photos of one subject changing setting and delete what you don't want. I enjoy using a macro lens getting that close up look, letting everybody see things in a different prospective.

Here a Gray Squirrel is sitting patiently, pondering
why the dog is not trying to chase it.
Rose Mallow-Macro

A boat leaving the Olcott Harbor,
with the Toronto shore line in the back ground.

This photo was taken at the Niagara Falls Aquarium
this past summer, putting the flash strobe right against the tank glass.

Garden Spider spinning Water Bug into Silken Sac
which was hanging from our pools edge.
This photo is the boat launch area at Golden Hill State Park.
I do a lot of my photography work is this area
which is not far from where I live.

I took this photo of this Red Breasted Merganser which was trapped
in the Golden Hill State Park boat launch bay in a 15 foot open area
for close to a week. The shore line ice went out about 300 yards
which prevented it from flying out of the bay area.
Hummingbird Moth while I was working in one of our backyard gardens.

Lake shore Walrus Ice form taken while photographing
30 Mile Lighthouse and shore line during the winter.

Barn Owl at one of our Iroquois Observation weekend programs.
Tony Wagner was our program presenter with birds of prey.

Pied Billed-Grebe getting a running start.
Lake Ontario at Golden Hill State Park.

A pair of Mallard ducks in flight at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge
while walking down Feeder Rd.
This is a Scenic photo taken at Lake Ontario at the 30 mile Lighthouse site.

A Brown Bear at the Buffalo Zoo looking content.

Sucker fish in our home aquarium.

Oldsquaw duck at Golden Hill State Park
near the boat launch bay.

White Tailed Deer - behind by parents house
which is part of the Hartland swamp area.

Pileated Woodpecker - Hartland Swamps

Common Idia Moth at our hummingbird feeder using a Macro Lens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many times I find myself heading out to remote areas looking for warblers but it isn't till I come home that I see multiple first of the years! But I do love taking the time hiking around! Wonderful photos and I agree with you in staying close to home is the best way to work on photography!